Tuesday, June 12, 2012

about 24 hours post-op

So here I sit at about 330am EST, quite sore from the incisions and in a bit more pain than I'd like to be from the gas they put inside me to be able to do the surgery. I've been trying to walk the gas out, but its just not coming out as fast as I'd like it to be. The gas has moved into my back, chest and shoulders now, so it's super uncomfy.

I've been doing my best to follow surgeons orders and just sip, sip, sip on liquids all day long. I actually was able to drink a little bit of a protein shake last night, all of about 1 oz, lol. However, this filled my tummy and I didn't have room for a pain pill last night, so I went to bed shortly thereafter and woke up in some killer pain this morning. Hopefully that'll be the last time I make that mistake.

Besides all that, things are progressing nicely so far. I'm really glad I did this.

No comments: