Saturday, May 12, 2012

The start of the journey to a new me!

I have decided to make some BIG life changes. The biggest of them being the choice to have Weight Loss Surgery. After years and years, try over 20, of battling my weight, I finally decided that I need something permanent to help me get control of this.

I’ve tried almost every diet, lifestyle change, exercise program, gadget, and pill out there. I have given this serious thought and have scheduled myself to see a surgeon for the final OK on May 17, 2012.
On top of this, I also struggle with the condition known as Fibromyalgia. Over the years, the pain and other symptoms have gotten to the point where I’m pretty close to housebound a great majority of the time. After some extensive research, one of the benefits I stand to gain from getting the Weight Loss Surgery is the very real possibility of being able to eliminate my need for pain medications. This excites me very much.

I decided to start a blog on my journey through this process, really more for me to document the things that I have gone through, and will go through on this. I’m sure I’ll have ups and downs and everywhere in between. I’m really excited about this journey and hope you’ll follow me through this and be a source of encouragement.

No comments: