Thursday, May 17, 2012

SURGERY IS SCHEDULED!!!

So I just got back from the surgeon’s office and after a conversation with him about my habits, my history, etc. I have decided to proceed with the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. I also, much to my surprise, got to schedule my surgery date today!!!! I feel so fortunate that the only requirement is that I have a psych eval done, which again, lucky me, will happen in just over an hour and a half from now, since they had a cancellation for today.

So I’m sure you all want to know when that surgery date is, right?

Well, drum roll please…………………….

***JUNE 11, 2012!!!!***

That’s right, just over 3 weeks from now! I can hardly contain my excitement! I’m excited to start on this journey, make the changes I need to make and have a real shot at being able to live! Live a life without horrible pain, as losing the weight will likely reduce my pain to a point where I will no longer need the pain medicine! Not to mention, save me from the ills of diabetes and heart disease! To top it off, not having to shop in the plus size section anymore!

As I progress through this journey, I make this promise to both you and myself, I will not sugar coat things. I will do my best to keep things as real as possible about my successes as well as my failures. The good, the bad and the ugly will all be showcased here and possibly with some video blogs as well.
With all that being said, I need to run for now, as I have a psych eval to attend!

No comments: